Rocking the Roles
{picture found via Amazon, read more about it here}My co-worker read this for a class she took while attending Liberty University and really liked it. So much so that she randomnly brought it in for me to borrow. I had never heard of it before and had no idea what to expect and wow, did I like it! It's very insightful. It really broke down the wife and husband roles. It also made me look at being a stay-at-home mom in a whole new light. Before I read the book, I was okay with being a working mom but after I read the book I really desired to be a stay-at-home mom one day, if and when that time comes. The author doesn't look down on working moms at all, he just makes you think twice about what is best for children.
Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
{picture found via Amazon, read more about it here}I love and live by Gary Chapman's book the Five Love Languages, that any book he writes I'm super eager to read. An old co-worker {not the same one from above} gave me this book over a year ago and I never picked it up until a couple months ago. I really enjoyed it! It was a super easy read and it really confirmed that some of the stuff I want to make sure is right before I marry someone is good. It also taught me a lot about what forgiveness means and that everyone has a different language for apologies. I learned that he wrote a book about it, called the Five Languages of Apology. I quickly added that to my mental list of books to read. I tell ya this man is a genius with his theories. The Five Love Languages is so right on. I have never felt more understood with what makes me feel more loved than when I learned my love language was words of affirmation.
What I am currently reading:
After reading those two books, I wanted to read something fun and light and not so serious, so I started to read my first fiction book as an adult,Redeeming Love
{picture found via Amazon, read more about it here}I had heard many women mention how great this book was because it reminds you of how powerful God's perfect never-ending unconditional love is for us but I stayed away from buying it for awhile because I also heard it was a fiction book. But when I learned that it was inspired by a true story in the Bible, I thought perfect, this is the best fiction book out there for me {a truly devoted non-fiction book reader} to read. So far, it has me drawn in and has me wanting to keep reading to find out how it ends. Does Angel finally have a happy life with Michael or not?? Can't wait to get there.



4 comments:
I really enjoyed this post because I had the same feeling about reading as you! I have used it as a way to unwind from the craziness of everyday life recently -- but I would love to read more spiritual books so I am looking forward to reading some that you mentioned! xo
http://xochristinemarie.blogspot.com
Awesome to hear you are going to try out some of those books. Hope God speaks to you through them and you enjoy them as much as I did! Let me know if you come across any other good books I should read.
Hi Adriana, just stopping by after you left a comment on one of my posts :) I just wanted to let you know that I read Gary Chapman's book while my husband and I were engaged, and I still refer back to it in my mind today. It was super helpful, and I hope it will bless you in your future marriage as well!
Blessings
-M
Thanks so much. It was a really good book! That's good to know it stuck in your mind into marriage. I'll keep that book in mind when and if I ever get engaged. :)
Post a Comment