Friday, February 8, 2013

Thinking Twice Before I Post

I am up late.

I should be sleeping because this girl has to work in the AM.

But I started surfing the internet.

If there's one thing that steals more hours from my life than anything else, it's surfing the internet.

I go online with the intention of only checking my email but two hours later I find myself wondering why I am still online.

Tonight was one of those nights.

I randomnly ran across an aritcle about a blogger who has gotten some positive and negative publicty for his blog.

So much so that the Huffington Post is linked to one of his most popular posts.

He recently deleted that post, because of promises he made to his family about what he would share and not share.

His story really got me thinking...

That sometimes the blogging world gives one a false sense of security.

Security to pour your heart out.

I believe there are some things that are meant to be shared only with close friends and family and no one else.

It's not that I want to make my life out to look like it is perfect, because it's not. I'm the first one to admit that. I just want to be careful of what I share especially if it involves other people I truly care about.

I want to share the good work God is doing in my life, so it can be difficult to decipher what needs to be shared to glorify Him and what is best kept between my closest friends and family and I .

So before I post I am going to the extreme of asking myself:

"Is this something I would want the media to publicize for the whole world to read or not?"

I have no intentions of becoming the next famous blogger, I just want to do my best to guard my heart and the hearts of the amazing people in my life.

Because famous blogger or not, you just never know who will stumble across your blog.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. -Proverbs 4:23 {NLT}

No comments: