Saturday, January 5, 2013

Paperwork, Paperwork, & Even More Paperwork

Happy 1st Saturday of 2013!
As much as I wish I had something super fun planned the first weekend of the new year, I don't. What I do have planned though {and have to remind myself of}, will bring much more peace into my life in the long run. I am continuing my unorganized to organized project by designating this weekend to sort through, ditch, and organize the piles of paperwork I have allowed to accumulate for days, months, and even years. Prayers for success. This is such a daunting task for me. Perhaps that is why I have let the piles grow so much. I have been avoiding it. This weekend I begin to take action. I dream of finishing this project by the end of this weekend but knowing my sense of time, we shall see. When {and if} this project is completed I will post pictures of my much less, beautifully, organized paperwork.

In perfect timing this morning, while getting mentally prepared to take action on this project, I stumbled across some organizing motivation from a sample on amazon of Maria Menounos’ new book The EveryGirl's Guide to Life . In the book, she devotes the first chapter to getting organized and showcases some pictures of her inspiring, organized closet.

Here are some words of organizing inspiration from her book:

“Disorganization inhibits happiness and increases stress and chances for failure.”

“Think less not more when it comes to your stuff. It’s freeing to have breathing room where you live. The more stuff you have, the more you have to clean, to distract you, to maintain, and to move.”

Her friend, Randal Malone, “concluded through his many trails and journeys, that the key to happiness is organization.”

“Many people treat their houses as giant closets, hampers, or in extreme cases, garbage cans. Bedrooms littered with clothes, desks covered with papers, bathroom counters scattered with products, and closets stuffed with everything you’ve owned since junior high school are all humongous roadblocks! Our homes are supposed to be our sanctuaries from the woes of the world. When you think of a sanctuary, do you really think of garbage and clutter?”

"Since I've become more organized, I am so much more happier."

Thank you for that much needed motivation Maria Menounos! Now off to start this project.
Happy organizing!

No comments: