"Things that don't build you should not be part of your life."
"You won't enjoy the peace and quality of life you desire until you clean your house thoroughly."
"I will walk within my house with a perfect heart." -Psalm 101:2
"Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of the reverence for God." -2 Corinthians 7:1 {NIV}
"There comes a point in everyone's walk with Jesus when it's time to do some housecleaning. Some things you need to be rid of will be obvious."
"...things may not be harmful in themselves but can be destructive for you because of a negative association."
"...anything you possess that reminds you of people, incidents, or things that are not of the Lord (or make you react negatively with depression, anger, anxiety, or fear) must be eliminated."
"Do not bring a detestable thing into your house or you, like it, will be set apart for destruction." -Deuteronomy 7:26 {NIV}
I have come a LONG way in this project, however, it has taken me A LOT longer than I anticipated. At first, I got upset every time I didn't finish this project by every new deadline I set for myself. I craved to bring a sense of calm and peace through living more organized and could not wait to get it accomplished. Then, over the past year, I kept getting reminders that real change takes TIME. I have not always lived a super organized life, so unwinding all the years of living otherwise will take TIME. TIME being the keyword in many areas of my life, especially in this one. I have since taking the pressure off and have started getting organized one project at a time. Last night's project included my bathroom drawer and two plastic organizers from the ever so wonderful Target:
